2018 Looks to be Great for Company Growth.
According to Career Builder, below are Five Employer Trends to Watch in the New Year.
- Capturing New Talent Early – Employers will start courting college students early – 64 percent plan to hire recent college graduates this year
- Importing Talent – Employers will be looking beyond borders to find talent with 23 percent planning to hire workers from other countries to work in the U.S.
- Re-engaging Past Employees – Employers will increase outreach to workers who know their business and have a history with them – 39 percent plan to hire former employees in 2018.
- Hiring for Potential – 66 percent of employers said they will train and hire workers who may not have all the skills they need, but have potential; 44 percent of all employers plan to train low-skill workers who don’t have experience in their field and hire them for higher-skill jobs.
- Boosting Compensation – While wage gains have not reached desired levels, employers will become more aggressive with compensation levels for in-demand workers – 30 percent plan to increase starting salaries for new employees by 5 percent or more while 36 percent will do the same for existing staff.
CareerBuilder is a global, end-to-end human capital solutions company focused on helping employers find, hire and manage great talent.
Crawford Thomas Recruiting is a full-service staffing agency with a focus in the areas of sales recruitment, accounting and information technology. We work with industry-leading companies and experienced professionals to provide the best career opportunities and find that perfect match between job seeker and employer.