Recruiting can be difficult if you’re not using the correct recruiting firm.
Engage Crawford Thomas Recruiting for your hiring needs. We’re able to assist in all aspects of your process including the most important part, figuring out what it is exactly that you’re looking for.
In an outstanding blog by the team over at Persistiq, one of their 10 steps to hiring the right sales reps is identifying your needs for the role.
Simply put, If you don’t know exactly what you’re looking for, how will you know when you’ve found it?
Below is a great piece of advice to get your process rolling.
Identify Your Needs for the Role
“After you identify missing links in your team, examine what characteristics and personal attributes are important for your team. The performance indicators that we use to find the best sales reps are:
- Drive and ambition: They’re internally driven to success, are usually competitive in nature, and do whatever it takes to get the job done (within moral and ethical guidelines, of course).
- Coachability: They’re willing (and have the ability) to listen, learn, and quickly adapt.
- Positivity and optimism: They are resilient and persevere when faced with fear, challenges, and/or rejection. They can internally generate their own energy mental strength.
- Empathy: They understand others’ thoughts, beliefs, and feelings, then act accordingly.
- Curiosity: They’re lifelong learners who constantly need to try new things. They’re always asking questions; after all, that’s largely what they’ll be doing for you as a sales rep.
Hiring myth: it takes domain expertise for someone to succeed in sales. Notice industry knowledge is not on this list. This can be taught! If you’ve found someone who is coachable, curious and driven, then they’ll naturally learn the ins and out of your industry, and they’ll do it quickly. Furthermore, candidates who don’t have experience in your industry can bring in new perspectives, shed light in blind spots and help your team grow.”
We are here to help your company expand. The end goal for both Crawford Thomas Recruiting and our clients is a successful candidate hire. We want those candidates to succeed and that is why our work doesn’t end when the candidate starts. We will continue to check in with our clients and offer advice and assistance into the future. If you as a client succeed, that means we succeed as well.
Follow us on social media: Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram | Blog