FOR DECADES, THERE HAVE been predictions that resumes will one day be a thing of the past. However, here we are in 2020, and submitting a resume continues to be a must when you apply for a job. The rise of applicant tracking systems and keyword rankings have only increased the importance of resume writing if you are primarily applying for jobs online instead of through referrals.
Original article here.
With so much riding on this document to set you apart from thousands of other applicants, here are 10 resume mistakes you should avoid:
- Don’t include a picture.
- Don’t misrepresent employment dates.
- Don’t include graduation dates.
- Omit irrelevant volunteer work.
- Omit outdated credentials.
- Don’t list every online class you’ve taken.
- Be mindful of errors.
- Don’t send the wrong document format.
- Don’t use subjective language.
- Don’t embellish or lie.
More info: https://money.usnews.com/money/blogs/outside-voices-careers/articles/resume-mistakes-to-avoid
Follow our Recruiter Blog and Social Media: